Therapeutic, sports, relaxation & deep tissue massage.Massage therapy is a hands on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
Massage can help alleviate the soft tissue discomfort often experienced in our every day activities and occupational stresses placed on the body. This includes muscular overuse and many chronic pain syndromes.
Massage, if employed early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury to soft tissues, may also greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning.
Benefits of massage:
- Enhancing general relaxation
- Reducing muscular tension and associated discomfort
- Reducing anxiety
- Improving sleep
- Enhancing tissue elasticity and flexibility
- Increasing range of motion in joints
- Relaxing tight muscles
- Speeding the recovery process from exercise
- Improving circulation of blood n lymph
- Improving energy flow and sense of well-being
- Improving immune system functioning
Cranio Sacral Therapy
Cranio Sacral is a gentle, deeply relaxing, hands on, holistic natural therapy. It aids in pain relief and encourages the nervous system, organs, and musculoskeletal system to balance and heal.
The individuals body system sets the pace for its own healing process. The therapist is treating the core (inside) of the body. When the “core” is corrected, the outside (peripheral problem) either corrects itself or becomes amenable to conventional treatment.
Benefits of Cranio Sacral treatment:
- Profoundly relaxing
- Can release central nervous system tensions to enable other body systems to relax and self correct
- Can relieve pain and improve range of motion
- Treat T.M.J, sinus problems and headaches
- Improve energy flow and sense of well being
Myofascial Dry Needling
Myofascial Dry Needling is a highly efficient manual therapy technique for the treatment of myofascial pain and dysfunction. Dry Needling is not acupuncture (which uses points along the bodys meridians or energy channels). Myofascial dry needling uses points that are defined by western based science in anatomy and physiology.
Fine acupuncture needles are inserted into the trigger points, desensitising or deactivating them and the associated referred pain, assisting with pain relief, healing, and also stimulating the production of endorphins.
Benefits of dry needling:
- Pain relief
- A reduction in muscle tightness
- An improvement in muscle activation
- It can be used alongside massage with excellent results